Thank you Mark,

> NAR also links in the compile phase as it uses cpp-tasks to handle uniform
> compilation and linking.

I guess it means linking will be repeated anyhow even if code didn't change?

I had a thought that it's theoretically possible to resolve my problem
(redundant linking) by creating 2 projects (for every cpp module), one of
them doing compilation and producing obj files and second one just depending
on the first one and performing linking.

This looks somehow ugly though, so I'm thinking about possibility to
"virtualize" this process inside the plugin itself.

Please let me know whether you think if it's possible or any other
considerations.

Thanks,
Sergey.