I have a large multi-module project that I wish to build a site for using
Maven's site functionality.  The trick is that I'd like to avoid building
the sub-module sites as well.  Building the individuals sites for each
sub-module takes a while (even with the dependency report disabled) and it's
information that I don't need (the parent site is sufficient for my needs).

I haven't found a good way of doing this.  I specify my site plugin
configuration in the parent pom. While my first inclination was to use
"<inherit>false</inherit>" on the plugin config, this just meant that each
sub-module had the default site configuration as opposed to not building a
site at all.

The only other idea I've had is to run "mvn -am -pl . site" to just run the
site goal through the parent module.  The problem here is that it's not
clear how I'd make this work inside my Hudson/Jenkins CI build process,
which is already running "mvn clean install".  I still need to build and
install all my submodules, even if I only deploy the site for the parent.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian