I have the same problem, I get "Error reading assemblies: No assembly
descriptors found" when building my project.I'm trying to set permissions
for my .sh files and exclude a nasty .jar file that makes my application
crash...I don't think the problem is about that though....

My maven-assembly plugin is added like this in my pom.xml file:

           maven-assembly-plugin
           2.2.1

               make-assembly
               package

                 single

                 src/main/assembly/src.xml

My assembly descriptor looks like this:

      my-assembly-descriptor

        jar
        war

                ${project.build.directory}
                ${project.build.directory}

                    *.sh

                0755

            spring-2.5.4.jar

The structure in my project is:

    Interface - src - main - assembly - src.xml

              - pom.xml

When trying to do Run as -> Debug as -> and then in goal putting
assembly:single

I get the same error. I tried in console, with assembly:assembly, and
nothing.I even tried to put a wrong path to my assembly descriptor, but the
error didn't change. When putting ${basedir}/ before the path to my assembly
descriptor, I get the same.

I have Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, and I'm working with Eclipse EE,...

Thanks