I've switched to Maven 3.0.2in an attempt to get a working release plugin but
now the assembly plugin is not working.

I can 'clean install' my multi-module project fine with 2.2.1.  When switching
to 3.0.2 Maven has a problem with the assembly with the following error printed
to the console:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-5:single
(ferris-bin-assembly) on project ferris-bible-common: Execution
ferris-bin-assembly of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-5:single failed: Plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-5 or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact
org.ferris:ferris-assemblies:jar:0.0.3 in central (http://re
po1.maven.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]

I highlighted what looks like the root cause of the problem.  My pom is trying
to use an assembly I created - org.ferris:ferris-assemblies:jar:0.0.3 - however
for some reason Maven 3.0.2 is trying to find it in the main Maven Repo.  This
already exists in my LOCAL repository and if it didn't it exists on my OSS
SONATYPE repository which my settings.xml is configured to point to.

Any one know of any reason why the assembly plugin has decided to only look for
my assembly artifact on the main Maven Repo?