Hello folks,

I have a multi-module project which includes a pom-only module to
create a binaries uber-jar plus a corresponding sources jar using the
shade plugin. Now I want to add a jar of corresponding javadocs.
Unfortunately the shade plugin doesn't have a "createJavadocsJar"
parameter analogous to its "createSourcesJar", so I've been trying to
work out how to do it.

After reading the javadoc plugin docs I added the following section to
my uber-jar project pom:

<plugin>
  <version>2.7</version>
    <executions>
      <execution>
        <phase>package</phase>
        <goals>
            <goal>jar</goal>
        </goals>
        <configuration>
          <includeDependencySources>true</includeDependencySources>
          <dependencySourceIncludes>

<dependencySourceInclude>com.googlecode.jaitools:*</dependencySourceInclude>
          </dependencySourceIncludes>
          <excludePackageNames>jaitools.demo.*</excludePackageNames>
        </configuration>
      </execution>
    </executions>
</plugin>

This seems to work well if I run from the uber-jar module's directory.
When the build is run from the parent (top) directory no javadocs are
generated for the uber-jar project.

There is a javadoc section in the parent pom to build javadocs within
each standard module. Perhaps this is overriding the javadoc section
in the uber-jar's pom ?

I'm sure this must be a standard task. I'd be very grateful for any tips.

The full parent pom is here: http://jai-tools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pom.xml

The uber-jar project pom is here:
http://jai-tools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/jt-all/pom.xml

Michael