It seems that these messages, which I started getting tons of after our maven2
to maven3 switch:

Mar 9, 2011 3:47:41 PM
org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor selectAuthScheme
INFO: basic authentication scheme selected

are directly related to our use of the webdav wagon. I added the wagon as a
build extension to our project, as it was using webdav but that wagon isn't
included in Maven3 by default. When I instead simply made it a dependency of
maven-deploy-pugin, so it was only used for deploying, the number of messages
went down. I then changed our pom.xml files to not use webdav at all and now
the messages have gone away entirely.

What is the benefit to using webdav over plain http? Am I losing something
important by not using it? If I'm to use webdav, then is there something I need
to configure to prevent it from spewing these lines to STDERR, and causing our
build wrapper scripts to fail, even though the build succeeds? These weren't an
issue with Maven2 ...

Thanks, in advance, for you time and assistance.

-ste

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.