Hi all,

I am currently creating several archetypes and was wondering what the
best way is to share data.
Some of my archetypes are up to 90% the same and I don't want to copy
around all the files they share. Wouldn't be a problem the first time,
but of course all updates should then be copied around multiple times as
well!

So, I was thinking of creating several small projects that contain those
files and then have them extracted into the archetype before it is
packaged. The only thing I am not sure about (haven't tested my
archetypes yet) is whether I can add these JARs as dependencies.
What I mean by that is, that I don't want the JAR to be downloaded when
someone wants to setup the archetype, because the data would already be
inside the created project...

Does someone have some experience with this? Am I going in the right
direction or is there perhaps another (easier? better?) way to do this?
Would the packaging JAR be a good idea or would it be a better idea to
make something else, perhaps a ZIP?

Any input is welcome!

Thanks,

--
Roland Asmann
Senior Software Engineer

adesso Austria GmbH
Floridotower 26. Stock              T +43 1 2198790-27
Floridsdorfer Hauptstr. 1           F +43 1 2198790-927
A-1210 Wien                         M +43 664 88657566
                                    E roland.asm...@adesso.at
                                    W www.adesso.at