I would integrate these integration tests into the build itself. Either in
the maven Project itself (if you only have one project) or in a separate
module. You can use the maven-invoker-plugin for example to execute the
integration tests (along with creating all necessary jars, or whatever, that
you need for the tests).

/Anders