> We have slightly different configurations that we need to test. For
> this very reason we need to build and test different profiles. This
> can include different web.xml files so I don't think externalising is
> an option in this case.

If you pull in Spring or another DI framework, then you can probably
make it work with some framework-specific configuration. The web.xml
config would be identical across profiles but it would simply make a
call out to some other loader that would pull in the details for the
profile that you are trying to build/test.

Wayne