I'm getting this error using Maven 3.0.3 for a maven-metadata-local.xml file
Snapshot information corrupted with remote repository data, please verify
that no remote repository uses the id 'local'

My metadata file looks simply like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  org.apache.solr
  solr-core
  4.0-SNAPSHOT

      1

    20100720183735

I'm not sure what I should do with this error.  The code I'm building, Solr,
does not have any poms referring to a repo named "local".  Nor is there one
in my settings.xml.  I do recall once naming a repo that way but since Maven
3 complained I renamed it.

~ David Smiley

-----
 Author: https://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server/book