On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Jenison, Mark A
<mark.a.jeni...@jpmchase.com> wrote:
> I have a multi-project configuration with a parent pom specifying a compiler
> plugin with a default of jdk1.5 specified in the parent pom's dependency
> management section.  However, I have two submodules with packaging as jars
> that need to be compiled with jdk1.4.

Does it really need to be compiled _with_ 1.4, or just _for_ 1.4?  You
can set the -source and -target arguments for javac by configuring the
compiler plugin, and then you'll get a 1.4 compatible jar.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/set-compiler-source-and-target.html

Otherwise, this might help...
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/compile-using-different-jdk.html

If you're still having trouble, paste the relevant snippets of your
pom into your email so we can see what you're doing, or construct a
sample project that someone can try.

--
Wendy