On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to create a report which presents some results from a build.
> There is no way to recreate the data in the reporting context; the
> report must come from the build proper.
>
> Is the thing to do here to make the build proper leave the data behind
> in, for example, an XML file in target, and the reporting plugin to
> fail if the file is not there?

I'm sorry I don't have specific experience in this area.
Perhaps someone else can provide more guidance.

I'm assuming you've googled
http://www.google.com/search?q=maven+writing+a+report+plugin

>From my quick reading the report plugins are bound to the site phase.
Which means, as you notice, no information on what happened in the build.

I think I agree with your assumption of writing two plugins.
One for the build phase to generate report data, and one report plugin
to pretty up the information.