> mvn org.grails:grails-maven-plugin:1.2.1:create-pom -DgroupId=com.myproject
>
> that generated the pom.xml with the content I posted.  Perhaps this is an
> issue for another mailing list, but why didn't the autogeneration add the
> appropriate  tag?  Is there a good reason not to specify a version?

It has never been REQUIRED to include the version tag for a plugin.
But now with Maven 3, it gives a WARNING if you don't declare the
version, since that is a best practice. So it seems that plugin simply
does not generate one, for whatever reason.

This is really not the right place to ask about it since we can't
"solve" this problem so its just a waste of time talking about it --
perhaps the org.grails folks can help answer your questions and
ultimately fix/change the plugin to generate the plugin version(s) as
it should.

Wayne