> I am new to Maven so, please help me out with the solution.
> I have set up a Java project and the pom creates a jar out of it. It has
> 5 dependency jars which are in my repository and the project refers to
> it fine (M2_REPO)

This worries me. What do you mean by "M2_REPO"? You shouldn't have any
references to the (local) repository in your project.

> These external jars are being placed under src directory but are not
> packaged with jar.

How are these jars being placed in the src folder? Anything being
produced/copied/unpacked/etc during the build process should be put in the
target folder.

> I want to include these external jars in my jar. (Do not want to place
> each jar in resource manually)
>
> How do you tell pom.xml to include dependency jars in resources of the
> jar?

Did you try googling?
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg72607.html

/Anders