Hi

I want to generate and release the javadoc (e.g. the javadoc.jar should be a release artefacts just like any other JAR)
But only some projects contains public java code that javadoc should be generated for.
And if I have for instance 4 projects for which I want to generate javadoc I only want one javadoc.jar in the end with the complete source tree.

I really thought that I found the solution to this in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4947215/maven-3-generate-javadoc-for-defined-artifacts
but the bug reported in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP-291 seem to hinder it.

I really do not want to have some relative path from the 'javadoc project' to the projects where the source are in.

I have also played around with different combination on <skip>
like this in the multiproject
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <inherited>false</inherited>
        <configuration>
          <skip>false</skip>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
    <pluginManagement>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <skip>true</skip>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>

And in those subproject that I really want javadoc for added:
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <skip>false</skip>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

So I then tried to use >includePackageNames> but that does not exists.
Only <excludePackageNames> but then I need to exclude like hundred of package names, sigh.

/Lucas

--
Oracle
Lucas Persson | Principal Member of Technical Staff

Oracle Svenska AB, Kronborgsgränd 17, S-164 28 KISTA, reg.no. 556254-6746
Green
          Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment