Which version of the site plugin are you using? Please try latest snapshots (2.3- or 3.0-beta-4-) and report back.

Thanks,
-Lukas

Andreas Sewe wrote:
Hi all,

I have the following two projects:

A dedicated website project for my root URL

org.example:site (with <url>http://example.org/</url>)

and an organizational POM

org.example:parent (with <url>http://example.org/parent</url>)

The parent of org.example:site is the organizational POM,
org.example:parent. Both projects have their own site.xml.
So far, I think, that's all according to Best Practices.

The trouble starts once I configure breadcrumbs. What I want to generate
are the following two breadcrumb trails:

Example.org Site

and

Example.org Site > Example.org Parent

for org.example:site and org.example:parent, respectively. Note that
these two trails do not mirror the project's inheritance tree, but
rather the users' expectations (org.example:site is the main website
artifact, after all).

But no matter what <breadcrumbs> I define in the site.xml of both
projects, I cannot get the desired effect. In particular, the following
doesn't work:

<!--org.example:parent's site.xml -->
<breadcrumbs>
<item name="Example.org Site" href=http://example.org/"/>
<item name="Example.org Parent" href=http://example.org/parent/"/>
</breadcrumbs>

<!--org.example:site's site.xml -->
<breadcrumbs>
<item name="Example.org Site" href=http://example.org/"/>
</breadcrumbs>

While the breadcrumbs of org.example:parent are correct, the trail of
org.example:site is simply too long:

Example.org Site > Example.org Parent

It's almost as if not merging occurred at all. But it gets worse:
If I change the site.xml of org.example:site just slightly, the
breadcrumb trail of org.example:site grows even longer:

<breadcrumbs>
<item name="Example.org *Main* Site" href=http://example.org/"/>
</breadcrumbs>

yields

Example.org Site > Example.org Parent > Example.org *Main* Site

Can someone please explain to me what's going on here? To me, the
inheritance behavior of breadcrumbs looks rather random.

Best wishes,

Andreas