Hi Lukas,

I agree with you - I'm working this out as I go :)  Switching between m2 and
m3 had no effect - same result.

I'll do two workarounds to "fix" my situation:
1. Remove the 'site' from the release:prepare (as Stevo suggested)
2. Change my Jenkin's jobs so that they are free-style projects with
multiple "build steps", 1=clean install, 2=site. This way the dependencies
*should* be in a maven repository.

I'd really like to contribute to the site plugin, but its a pretty steep
learning curve.

Cheers!!!!