On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Marc Rohlfs <pomar...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I was just thinking a bit about this. You're facing different problems You
> won't be able all at once:
>
> 1. You could create the releases of the sub modules independently (first
> You'd have to create a release of the parent, using 'mvn release:prepare
> release:perform -N').

Not necessarily.  If that "parent" (in the directory with the svn
externals) is only there as an aggregator for convenience, it never
needs to be released.

The projects themselves could have some other parent, like a corporate
level parent pom that controls versions, etc.

A project can only declare one <parent> but it's not 1:1.

--
Wendy