Well, it is working for a clean install.

To be sure, I just ran a mvn clean deploy on my CI server (the only one who
can deploy to nexus).
A mvn clean deploy -Dsdk=3.5 is also working fine. Target is deployed to
project-fonts-sdk3.5.

Then, I tried a mvn release:prepare -Dsdk=3.5.
I got :
Failed to validate POM for project
com.company.project:project-fonts-sdk${sdk}

It seems a property in artifactId is not interpolated by
maven-release-plugin.

If having property in artifactId is a bad practice, how can I release
different artifacts from same sources?
I can use different version by adding the sdk version in the version given
to mvn release, but I think it's error prone. We could forget to specify sdk
in the version for this particular project when we perform a release.