Hi folks,

I'm working on upgrading a Maven plugin that runs Apache DS[0] to use the
latest version of their software. Unfortunately, the latest version of their
software does something slightly slack-jawed on startup: it inspects the
java.class.path system property to locate JARs that contain core LDAP schemata.
There is no alternate loader mechanism.

When this happens inside a plugin, the java.class.path system property contains
one JAR: Maven's own launcher JAR.

I think the shortest path from where I am to working software is to fake up
java.class.path before running Apache DS and then to reset it back to its
"real" value after the server starts. However, in order to do this, I need to
build a classpath-like string containing the JARs Apache DS needs.

These JARs are already listed in the plugin's dependencies (and when the plugin
runs, are available in the local repository). I'd like to use that information
if possible, rather than hard-coding specific JAR names into the plugin.
However, after spending half the day looking through various existing plugins,
I'm no closer to doing this than I was this morning.

1. Is there a shortcut I missed that produces exactly the string (or list of
JARs) I need?
2. If not, is there a reasonable way to obtain the dependency artifacts for a
plugin?
3. If not, what's a better solution that doesn't involve patching Apache DS?

-o

[0] https://bitbucket.org/ojacobson/apacheds-maven-plugin/