Take a look at the invoker-plugin, goal 'run' [1].

Roland

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/run-mojo.html

On 04.05.2011 14:56, motes motes wrote:
> I have the following projects (physically separated in svn) with the
> following structure:

> |--> a.parent
> |--> pom.xml
> |--> a.child
> |--> pom.xml

> |--> b.parent
> |--> pom.xml
> |--> b.child
> |--> pom.xml

> |--> c.parent
> |--> pom.xml
> |--> c.child
> |--> pom.xml
>

> Now I would like to create an "aggregator" project where I can specify
> the order of how the above project (and their submodules) should be
> build, eg.:
>
> my.aggregator.build:

> or:
>

> my.aggregator.build:

> The problem is that the standard aggregator implementation:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Aggregation
>
> automatically computes the "right" order but I cannot use that since
> my interdependent projects does not have a fixed structure - a longer
> story.....
>
> So is it possible to "hardcode" the order that projects should be
> build in a master pom file?

Roland Asmann
Senior Software Engineer

adesso Austria GmbH
Floridotower 26. Stock              T +43 1 2198790-27
Floridsdorfer Hauptstr. 1           F +43 1 2198790-927
A-1210 Wien                         M +43 664 88657566
                                    E roland.asm...@adesso.at
                                    W www.adesso.at