From: Brian Fox [mailto:bri...@infinity.nu]
Sent: 05 May 2011 12:06
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: central repo?

This was an attempt to block the constant scrapers that are attempting to crawl
the entire repository for no good reason, and the bandwidth isn't free.

The index used to serve the search is not the same index used by M2e.
Fwiw, the m2e indexes are updated daily now, but I need to see why this index
was out of date.

Regardless, we'll go back to the drawing board and see how to make this less of
a hurdle, while still interrupting the scrapers.