I am attempting to use the Maven Release plugin with Maven 3.0.3 to release a
flat multi-module structure in Subversion.  I have the release:prepare goal
working well except for one thing.  The tagged release includes the tags
folder, which is a sibling of the trunk.  Does anyone know how to prevent this
from happening?  I expected only the trunk folder to be in the tag.

Here are the details:

commitByProject=true (set on command line)
autoVersionSubmodules= true (set in release profile in parent-module pom)

SCM settings:

<scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:svn://localhost/project/trunk</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:svn://localhost/project/trunk</developerConnection>
    <url>scm:svn:svn://localhost/project/trunk</url>
</scm>

My Subversion folder structure looks like this:

project /

  +- tags /

  +- trunk /

     +- parent /

     +- child1 /

     +- child2 /

After running release:prepare on the parent-module for version 1.0.1, which
sets all my versions properly and creates a tag, I end up with this:

project /

  +- tags /

    +- parent-1.0.1 /

        +- tags /

        +- trunk /

          +- parent /

          +- child1 /

          +- child2 /

  +- trunk /

     +- parent /

     +- child1 /

     +- child2 /

The first time I tried this, the nested tags folder was empty.  On subsequent
runs, it contains all the tags from the previous run:

project /

  +- tags /

     +- parent-1.0.1 /

        +- tags /

        +- trunk /

          +- parent /

          +- child1 /

          +- child2 /

     +- parent-1.0.2 /

        +- tags /

           +- parent-1.0.1 /

              +- tags /

              +- trunk /

                +- parent /

                +- child1 /

                +- child2 /

        +- trunk /

          +- parent /

          +- child1 /

          +- child2 /

  +- trunk /

     +- parent /

     +- child1 /

     +- child2 /

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify WHI Solutions immediately at g...@whisolutions.com,