> finally got ClassNotFoundException because of a missing dependency Jar in
> the lib folder; more precisely xalan:serializer:2.7.1
>
> PS: I tested it with Maven 3.0.3 using Java 1.6.0_24, first on Solaris 11
> Express and then on Mac OS X 10.6.7.

Xalan and Xerces are special since they have been absorbed into the
JVM as of 1.4. In 1.5 they were basically shaded so now they are under
com.sun.* instead of directly under org.apache.* which was causing
problems.

What class specifically is giving you the CNFE? Are you building and
then running your code with the same version etc of the JVM? This may
be a situation where a jdk-specific profile is kicking in and
including (or not) a dependency during your build... or something else
of course.

Wayne