I started off using shade, which did seem to work, but the resulting uber.jar had some problems with manifests. I did not have time to notice if it had the same problem as I am having with assembly.

Cheers, Eric

On 2011-05-19 2:35 AM, Maxime Gréau wrote:
Hi,

Did you try with the maven-shade-plugin [1] instead of maven-assembly-plugin
?

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/

Regards.

Maxime Gréau.
mgreau.com
*Auteur du livre **Apache Maven - Maîtriser l'infrastructure d'un projet
Java EE*<http://goo.gl/ivCZW>

2011/5/18 Eric Kolotyluk<eric.koloty...@gmail.com>

My current structure is

  +-- pom.xml
  !
  +--- mod1
  +--- mod2 needs an assembly and depends on mod1&   mod3
  +--- mod3
  +--- mod4 needs an assembly and depends on mod1&   mod3

Are you saying I need to define something like

  +-- pom.xml
  !
  +--- mod1
  +--- mod2
  +--- mod3
  +--- mod4
  +--- mod-ass2

     +--- pom.xml (dependencies to mod1, mod2 and mod3)
  +--- mod-ass4
     +--- pom.xml (dependencies to mod1, mod3 and mod4)

How will that ensure that mod1, mod2, mod3, mod4 will pass through the
install phase, before mod-ass2 and mod-ass4 pass through the package phase.?

Cheers, Eric