Can you describe more about what you are specifically trying to accomplish?
Maybe the list can help better that way.

In general, the location of the repository should not matter.  One of the
beautiful things about Maven is it manages the location per machine
automatically.  There's no need to put it in the same place for all developers,
which breaks for Windows v. *nix.  And your builds plugins should not require a
fixed location for the repository, rather, it should be resolved from the
context sent by Maven itself.