I've used both M2 and M3 builds for Spring-based apps and done many
component scans.  I've never heard of the well-known issue nor had
problems with doing so.

I agree with Wayne it is a Spring question at this point, unless you
can demonstrate how, as Wayne says, the M2 vs M3 build difference
causes the problem.