With maven3.0.3, I get:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.0-beta-3:site
(default-site) on project perceptron-training: failed to get Reports:
Failed to execute goal on project average-perceptron-entities: Could
not resolve dependencies for project
com.basistech.rex2009:average-perceptron-entities:jar:28-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact
com.basistech.rex2009:gazeteer-decoder-wrapper:jar:28-SNAPSHOT ->
[Help 1]

that is, I run what the release plugin runs: mvn site site-deploy.

This is a top-level project with modules.

It runs the build and deploy of the top-level, and then immediately
fails with the above. What it is doing in 'Reports' before it's run
the builds proper?