> maven install doesn't copy the metadata xml files to target ?? Do we need to
> place the *.jdo files in the resources directory ??

By default, Maven will compile .java files under src/main/java and put
the compiled class files in the proper directory under target. And
Maven will copy files from src/main/resources directly into those same
directories under target.

So the easiest fix is to just move those .jdo files to s/m/resources.
You can also configure things in your pom file so the files are copied
from under s/m/java but this only complicates things and is
unnecessary in most situations.

Wayne