Hi all,

as requested by Barrie starting a new thread.

I'm new to maven and currently looking for some good reading. Is there
any Maven3 documentation out yet?
I already read "Maven in 5 minutes", "Getting started", "Your first
mojo" and a couple of blogs.

Now I specifically need to create a few new packaging types and I didn't
find good resources on how to do that with Maven3 (I read somewhere that
one can now use Java annotations instead of Javadoc ones). I currently
have a first prototype using the Javadoc annotations and a
copied/modified version of a plexus/components.xml which should resemble
the JAR plugin instead of the packaging phase. Maybe I'm missing
something, I hoped that there would be a more unintrusive way to hook
oneself in the build-lifecycle. I for example didn't find any
components.xml for the maven-jar-plugin (or I'm looking at the wrong
places...).

Any pointer would be really appreciated (even pointers to source code, I
already looked into maven-jar, maven-ear and maven-war but they are all
using the "old?" Javadoc annotations

Greetings
-Sascha-