Hi Ronen,

take a look at the Properties Maven Plugin [1]. I don't have any experience with that plugin, because I haven't used it yet. But it looks like it should do exactly what You want to achieve with Your custom Maven plugin. However, if it doesn't work out for You, You could at least take a look at the source code to see how it adds the properties to the project model. The Build Helper Maven Plugin [2] also sets some properties, You could check its sources, too.

One more point: I assume You checked that Your configuration of the Resources plugin works properly ...

Kind regards

   Marc

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/properties-maven-plugin
[2] http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin