Good afternoon,

It was my understanding that if I configured the maven-javadoc-plugin in my
pom.xml's <reporting> section, that this configuration would also configure
the plugin for running as part of a build, or when invoked from the command
line.  I made this assumption based off the following statement from the Maven
POM reference <http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Reporting>:

a plugin configuration under the reporting element works as build plugin
> configuration

But I am not seeing this; when I run with the -X option, configuration items
that I have set here are not being reflected in the debugging output.

For example, I have done this:

<reporting>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <version>2.8</version>
      <configuration>
        <author>*false*</author>
        <!-- and so on -->

...but my debug output from running mvn -X javadoc:javadoc is (in part):

[DEBUG] Configuring mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.8:javadoc' with basic
configurator -->
[DEBUG]   (f) aggregate = false
[DEBUG]   (f) author = true

I am using Maven 3.0.3.

What have I done wrong or misunderstood?

Best,
Laird