Hi all,

We are looking for a way to perform maven releases (via maven-release-plugin
for example) on a project, and all its dependencies which are in a snapshot
version (internal dependencies).

Using a pom aggregator and ${project.version} in dependencyMgmt for all
internal dependencies allows such process, but the drawback is we have to
regroup projects within this aggregator, according to the dependency graph.

We would like to be able to do the same thing, but without having to use an
aggregator (that add another link between projects, than their
dependencies).
The process would be the same than with an aggregator, but instead of
building a maven reactor with modules, it would be done among snapshot
dependencies.

Scm element is set in all the pom, so maven can find where dependencies
sources are.

Do you know a way to do this?
If no, does this seem feasible? Could maven-release-plugin manage this with
a new parameter ? (releaseSnapshotDependencies=true for example)

Thx
Maxime