Hi,

I have a situation where I have to generate wsdd (web-service-deployment-descriptors) for a couple of projects.

I'm using the axistools-maven-plugin admin goal to accomplish this.

In order to get it to work, I find that I have to include the project dependencies within the plugin dependencies, i.e.:

                <plugin>
                    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                    <artifactId>axistools-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <id>${project.artifactId}-gen-server-wsdd</id>
                            <configuration>

<configOutputDirectory>${project.build.outputDirectory}/WEB-INF</configOutputDirectory>
                                <isServerConfig>true</isServerConfig>
                                <inputFiles>
                                    <include>${SERVER_WSDD}</include>
                                </inputFiles>
                            </configuration>
                        </execution>
                    </executions>
                    <dependencies>
                        <dependency>
                            <groupId>axis</groupId>
                            <artifactId>axis</artifactId>
                            <version>1.2.1</version>
                        </dependency>
                        <dependency>
                            LOCAL_ARTIFACT_A
                        </dependency>
                     </dependencies>
                </plugin>

Not sure why the LOCAL_ARTIFACT dependencies have to appear within the plugin deps, and this may be the source of the problem. Rest assured that it is not declared there, the plugin does not use the project dependencies (as I think it should), and so the task fails with missing class errors.

The above works fine when I build locally.

However, when I add a second use of the plugin in a different pom, but in the same reactor, the classpath from the first instance is used and the wsdd generation fails.

As a work-around, I have included both LOCAL_ARTIFACT dependencies in the plugin declaration, so no matter which one gets called first, it will have a full classpath that will work for either project. If I added a third project, I would have to keep doing this.

Not the most desirable situation.

So my question is, is this a maven classloading issue, or a plugin issue? Has anyone else encountered this "sticky classpath" issue with other plugins?

mvn --version
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-06 12:16:01-0700)
Java version: 1.5.0_24
Java home: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman
OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.6.6" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

tia,
-Russ