mvn deploy:deployFile -Dfile=... -DpomFile=... -Durl=... should deploy
both the jar and the pom. If it is not doing so can you raise a JIRA.

Note that you might have to force the version of the deploy plugin as
it could be an issue with an older version,

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.6:deploy-file ...

rather than just plain deploy:deploy-file