If the snapshot was resolved from a repo then it will be timestamped,
if it came from the reactor or local repo, then it will be -SNAPSHOT.
The plugin calls into the maven resolution logic so this is core maven
behavior.

In 2.2, resolution from the reactor was introduced for these goals,
previously they would always go to the repository, this could be why
you see a change in the new version.