--
-- Aldrin Leal, <ald...@leal.eng.br> / http://www.leal.eng.br/mnemetica/

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org> wrote:

> A few minor observations (since you are soliciting them).  I haven't run
> the plugins or have any experience of not in the plugin domain, so I can't
> comment on the goals or workflow.
>
> 1. I'm not sure of the benefit of putting the source on Bitbucket, versus
> under Codehaus' Mojo project, the latter will push to Maven central and
> allow for better name resolution.  More

Sorry, are we on the same page? I'm mostly a mercurial user, but I'm aware
there are git users (Mercurial is pretty flexible to let me mirror my hg
repo out to github). I decided to keep my own mojo on its own address in
order to stand my own work and company (for the record, it is at
http://beanstalker.ingenieux.com.br/).

importantly, the visibility provided by being on Codehaus will encourage
> someone that needs something similar to add to your project instead of
> starting their own (if they didn't know yours existed).

Like forks on github?

> 2. If you really want to keep things in your own silo, consider getting
> approved to use the Sonatype OSS repository.

It is already being put into OSS and released on central

3. The license is not clear.  License compliance is important in most
> enterprises, and having a license protects you against personal liability.

Beyond bitbucket? Headers and meta state APSL

> 4. Your plugin build is not running the "helpmojo" goal.  This generates
> the proper code so (for instance) mapreduce-maven-plugin:help will generate
> a usage information.

I will look into it.

> The code otherwise looks pretty clean.  The use of expressions in
> parameters is a big deal for usability, and you have that covered.  The
> plugin API was designed to be easy to develop for, and you've used it
> correctly.

Oh, great. Thank you