2011/7/29 Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com>:

> Hrm - I still believe that master would be "production-ready-state" even with
> the -SNAPSHOT version,
> the code is in a state that ready for production release.  If I did a maven
> release from there I'd get
> the same code built, with the only difference being the version number.  If I
> checked out master and
> did a maven install, I'd expect to get a SNAPSHOT and not something that's
> going to overwrite existing
> released artifacts.
>
>> It must not match the maven repo, but there should not be a SNAPSHOT-pom on
>> HEAD
>
> As above I beg to differ.

Hmm, this is what I understand from the gitflow documentation and what
results, when performing a manual release without the
maven-release-plugin.

But you are right, ignoring this restriction is no real problem.

>> [...]
>> [INFO] --- maven-release-plugin:2.2:perform (default-cli) @ master ---
>> [INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
>> [INFO] Performing a LOCAL checkout from
>> scm:git:file://D:\dev\projects\maven.master\source\maven.master
>> [INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "git clone
>> file://D\dev\projects\maven.master\source\maven.master
>> D:\dev\projects\maven.master\source\maven.master\target\checkout"
>
> Interesting - I see you have maven.master mentioned twice in the path -
> what do you have in your SCM settings element?

<scm>
  <connection>scm:git:ssh://git@myserver:22/maven.master.git</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:git:ssh://git@myserver:22/maven.master.git</developerConnection>
</scm>

>  And what is the root path of the git repo

The file path to the local clone is:
D:\dev\projects\maven.master\source\maven.master

There are two "maven.master", because I organize my projects in
subfolders with eclipse workspace folders parallel to the source
folders (e.g. D:\dev\projects\maven.master\workspace).

> and are you releasing from that directory?

Both, the git and mvn commands are executed from
"D:\dev\projects\maven.master\source\maven.master"

Could this be a Windows problem?

I tried to perfom a second clone from the local file path with the
generated maven path:
"git clone file://D:\dev\projects\maven.master\source\maven.master"

This results in:

Cloning into devprojectsmaven.mastersourcemaven.master...
fatal: 'd:devprojectsmaven.mastersourcemaven.master' does not appear to be a git
 repository

When using a different path with slashes
"git clone file:///d:/dev/projects/maven.master/source/maven.master/"
everything works fine.

Regards,
Lars