I am behind a proxy, but I doubt that's causing the issue.
It hasn't caused any issue with other artifacts, but ... I can't be 100%
sure.

I ran Maven from Eclipse, but I'll run it from the console and try your
suggestions.
I will report back with whatever results I get :)

I am not the admin of our servers, but maybe I'll talk the guy into putting
up a nexus of our own.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Wayne Fay [via Maven] <
ml-node+4687106-319269717-240...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> > I had already tried putting the JBOss repo in my settings.xml, I even
> tried
> > using a mirror of it provided by some other company. Nothing worked.
> > That's why this issue has been so frustrating.
> >
> > So any ideas or suggestions about how to fix the issue or work around it
> > would be greatly appreciated.
>
> mvn -X compile may provide additional useful debugging information. Or
> it may not, some people have trouble grokking all the info it spews.
>
> Are you behind an Internet proxy?
> Are you connecting to a local Nexus or other MRM instance? [If not,
> you should consider installing something...]
> What does the updatePolicy for this repository look like in
> settings.xml or Nexus config?
> etc
>
> You should also try mvn -U to force an update of any jars/poms that
> are involved in this build. Perhaps the pom file will be downloadable
> when you try again. If not, there isn't a whole lot we'll be able to
> do to help you. You could also just download the pom file and copy it
> to the proper place in your local repo cache just to get past this
> issue.
>
> Wayne

> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden
> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4687106&i=1>

Best regards,
Calin Cosma