Hi all,

I have typical module with tests, but the tests inherit from a base class.
This base class (and a few related classes/resources) need to be generated as a
separate jar so they can be used as a test scope dependency.

It initially seems like it would be an easy enough task for jar:test-jar, but
that's going to include all the tests as well.  An <exclude> could be used, but
the output still has <classifier>tests</classifier>, which is not quite correct.

The second option I looked at was to create a separate project for the base
class and friends, but since the base class depends on classes in this first
module, a circular dependency is formed.  The jar for the base class clearly
needs to be created in the same project (i.e. one build creating two artifacts).

This would be easy enough to do with the assembly plugin, but out of academic
curiosity, have others come across this problem and solved it differently?

Thanks for any input, Brian