Coming from a very c++ centric world with makefiles, trying to figure
out a bunch of issues for a very large project, i.e. many
modules/projects.

a mvn clean command at the top level project gives me a list of projects
in sequence that mvn will compile, and not in the order they are listed
in the pom file.
Which is good, however,

*       Which plugin produces the list of projects that need to be
compiled ? Is this mvn proper or the reactor plugin ?
*       I need to modify the output of this command get the artifact id
instead of / in addition to the project's descriptive name.
*       I am currently using "-Dmake.printOnly -DskipTests clean" to
just get this list. Any other way to get this list ?

I need the above to aid in the tools I am building to help make
deploying a multi/many module project easier.
The problem I am having is with dependencies and hardening of pom files,
etc. and trying to reduce the amount of time spent on a release by
automating as much of the process as possible.

If I cannot get the artifactId instead of the project name in this
output, then I have to keep my own mapping, which can be error prone and
go out of date, etc.
Would rather generate this via maven.

Thanks in advance,

Sunil Matta

This E-Mail (including any attachments) may contain privileged or confidential
information.  It is intended only for the addressee(s) indicated above.

The sender does not waive any of its rights, privileges or other protections
respecting this information.

Any distribution, copying or other use of this E-Mail or the information it
contains, by other than an intended recipient, is not sanctioned and is
prohibited.

If you received this E-Mail in error, please delete it and advise the sender
(by return E-Mail or otherwise) immediately.

This E-Mail (including any attachments) has been scanned for viruses.

It is believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any
computer system into which it is received and opened.

However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus
free.

The sender accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way
from its use.

E-Mail received by or sent from RBC Capital Markets is subject to review by
Supervisory personnel.

Such communications are retained and may be produced to regulatory authorities
or others with legal rights to the information.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  TO COMPLY WITH U.S. TREASURY REGULATIONS, WE ADVISE
YOU THAT ANY U.S. FEDERAL TAX ADVICE INCLUDED IN THIS COMMUNICATION IS NOT
INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, TO AVOID ANY U.S. FEDERAL
TAX PENALTIES OR TO PROMOTE, MARKET, OR RECOMMEND TO ANOTHER PARTY ANY
TRANSACTION OR MATTER.