Hi,
I can not build project site with Maven 3, the following fatal error is thrown:

[ERROR] [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
com.acme.maven:acme-pom-base:pom:21.0 in artifactory
(http://repository.intranet.acme.com/artifactory/empty/) and
'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 5, column 10

The parent is a corporate parent pom declared in the project:
<parent>
  <groupId>com.acme.maven</groupId>
  <artifactId>acme-pom-base</artifactId>
  <version>21.0</version>
  <relativePath />
</parent>

And the mirror specification in settings.xml (the configuration
prevents any call to external repository effecitvelly):

<mirror>
      <id>artifactory</id>
      <name>Artifactory</name>
      <url>http://repository.intranet.acme.com/artifactory/empty/</url>
      <mirrorOf>external:*,!local-repo1,!local-repo2</mirrorOf>
</mirror>
Where local-repo1 and local-repo2 are repositories defined in setttins.xml.

It looks that during site generation Maven does not search for parent
in all repositories defined in the settings.xml (local-repo1 and
local-repo2). Perhaps, Maven tries to access central directly, and the
rule external:* is applied -> redirect request to the
http://repository.intranet.acme.com/artifactory/empty/.

The error is thrown even if parent pom already exists in the local
repository. And only site generation is affected, the project can be
build (mvn install) without problems. Maven 2 is also error free.

m-site-p version is: 3.0.
maven version is: 3.0.3

Should I open bug issue? And where: m-site-p or maven core?

--
Marcin Kuthan
Maven For Enterprise - http://code.google.com/p/m4enterprise/