Hello everybody,

I would like to summarize what we got in the first thread (see
http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Adding-modules-from-within-a-plugin-tt4799710.html#none).

Problem:
We do read some configuration from a XML file using a plugin. Depending on that
configuration some other build steps should be executed or skipped.

Solution 1:
During the execution of the plugin some properties are set which are used in
the skip configuration of the following build steps.

Unfortunately that doesn't work. The plugins get executed even when the
property used is set to true. Another problem is, that not all plugins support
the skip configuration.

Solution 2:
During the execution of the plugin a module is added to the reactor.

I tried that by adding that module to the list of modules and setting it using
project.getModel().setModules( list ) which has no effect.

Solution 3:
During the execution of the plugin a profile in the reactor is activated.

To be honest I have no idea how to do that. I wasn't able to get the list with
the profiles already activated so far.

Can someone more experienced with plugin development than me comment please.
Your ideas are highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Maik Richey