You would normally do this by using a pluginManagement tag in your pom and in that context declaring the plugin and setting the version to 2.7. This is particularly useful in a parent pom because the version will be inherited by all child poms. Then you would not include the version tag in the plugin declaration in the plugins tag.

I think that it may be possible to configure this in a site super pom.