Hi
I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested it, but can we make a
feature request to have proxies linked to profiles?

Either have a profile tag within the proxy tag or let the proxies be
defined within the user's profile. The use case is if I want to work
from home, all I would do is activate a profile like "home-dev" and
its will be set up, and the same for work.

The other (easier) option is to allow the proxy to use the system's
native proxy. On linux for example I set the system-wide proxy. Maven
should have a setting to pick up this system proxy. This should
improve portability?

Regards
Kiren