Sometime in the recent past I noticed that when I run my projects junit tests via maven-surefire-plugin I no longer see the log messages or println statements sent to System.err until *after* the test completes. Since these message are important while debugging a test I need to see them as the test executes. I noticed in the debugger that System.err is redirected to some surefire specific class.

Can any one tell me how I to get back the old behavior where all log messages and output to System.err is displayed on the console as it happens in real time?

Thank you for your help.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi