You are right. The version controller we are using is internal to our
organization.
details:
When a user creates a view of the code base, the files are not directly
copied.Instead symlinks of the files are created in the directory structure.
The symlinks point to the backend repository.When a user has to modify a
file, he checks it out, and the symlink is replaced with a actual copy.
However the hidden symlinked foler will still exist in each of the
directories, which point to the corresponding backend directory.
The issue is happening because maven is building the current directory (with
symlinked files) and then entering the symlinked folder( backend repo) and
building the same files again, and hence erroring out as duplicate class.

Thanks and Regards
--
 rajaram