What sort of things do you want at the project level that can not be handled by a parent pom?

Ron

On 11/10/2011 9:56 AM, Stevo Slavić wrote:
Hello Maven users,

Maven has notion of global (M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml), user settings
(typically in ~/.m2/settings.xml), and build specific alternate
settings (one specified in build command using -s switch).

What does community think, should there be a convention automated in
Maven logic of using project specific alternate settings?

E.g. settings.xml if present in same path as pom.xml from where build
is started could be used as alternate settings for that project build.

Dunno about community, but lots of my projects use project specific
Maven settings and repeating -s switch all the time is not nice, but
also merging multiple different project settings into user
settings.xml is even less desired - want to make sure that project
will build not just for my environment but for other devs and CI too.
Such project specific settings file could be used automatically buy CI
servers as well, just by checking out source code with settings.xml
included, and running Maven build.

Regards,
Stevo.

Ron Wheeler