Hello,

For a while now, I have noticed sporadic problems when using Maven.
For example: a maven build results in errors on a project.
If I then check out the project into another directory, the project builds
without any problems.
The content of both directories is identical. I use 'mvn clean install' .

More in general: if I have problems like these, a touch of all files in the
project seems to resolve them.
Therefore it seems to me that the file properties seems to be the cause.
I'm suspecting timestamps, because a touch always magically solves these
problems.
However I don't understand why this could make a difference?
If I run a 'mvn clean' or just manually remove the target directory, everything
should be rebuilt, and timestamps shouldn't matter right?

However this seems to be the case. I get the impression some files are
sometimes skipped for compilation by maven, causing errors.

Another thing that could also be a factor is that I am using GIT to manage the
project files in the faulty directory.
However I don't really see how this could influence the build ...

Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Can anyone point me in the right direction on solving this issue?

Maven version info below.

Best regards,

Dieter Van de Walle

--

Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 18:31:09+0100)
Maven home: /opt/apache-maven-3.0.3

Discover our world of Innovation and Product leadership - bePART, Engineered
for partner value   Meet us @ www.newtec.eu/events      *** e-mail
confidentiality footer ***  This message and any attachments thereto are
confidential. They may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work
product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake,
please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not
copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain
viruses. The sender therefore is in no way liable for any errors or omissions
in the content of this message, which may arise as a result of e-mail
transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard copy.