How would such a build work on windows?

When those resources get bundled up in a jar, there will not be
execute permissions reflected in the jar.

IOW the jar command does not store the extended permissions
information that a zip file can hold.

If you are looking to create zip files with extended permissions I
would recommend using the assembly plugin